Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stamp set Goodbye part 2

Today I am uploading FIVE cards! So if you don't like one, scroll on down and see what else I have to offer. All of the stamps (and most of the ribbons) that I used in this post retired TODAY! Get them before they are gone!
Eastern Blooms
Here is a card that I made with a Stamp set I will really miss, Eastern Blooms.  I used the Masking technique to make it look like one of the flowers is in front of the others. (I hope to do a tutorial on Masking soon.) To get the two toned flowers I used the Rock & Roll technique.  Here is how you do that. First, ink up the entire stamp with your lighter color (Baja Breeze in this case). Then get a little bit of the darker ink on the outside edge of the stamp by touching it to the pad at a slant and rolling it around so that the outside edge touches the pad but the center does not.  Then just stamp like normal! I stamped the first image (the one in the foreground), then masked that and stamped two additional images. The base is Pacific Point cardstock. The strips of paper in the back are all slightly less than 1” wide (about 15/16”) and 4¼” long. One is Pear Pizzazz, one is Baja Breeze and three are Whisper White. I stamped the three Whisper White Strips with smaller images from the Eastern Blooms stamp set to make a “create your own designer paper” effect. These are stamped in the same colors, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point and Pear Pizzazz. I added a 5/8” Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, and matted the main image with one layer of each color of cardstock, each mat was 1/8” bigger than the previous layer.
One the card was completely assembled, I used the small end of the Tombow Multi liquid glue to apply very small dots of glue to the center of the flowers on the main image and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. That’s all for this card.

I also wanted to show you a few cute little 3x3” cards I made with retiring stamp sets.

Baby Steps

The Congratulations (elephant) card is made using the Baby Steps stamp. I colored that with Marina Mist and Regal Rose Stampin’ Write Markers, then stamped it on Whisper White cardstock. I rounded the upper corners, punched a 3/16” hole at the top with a Crop-o-dile and added a little piece of 3/8” Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon. The base is Marina Mist textured cardstock. I used the Eyelet Lace border punch on a ½” x 3” strip of Marina Mist textured cardstock and adhered that to the bottom of the card. I adhered the image along the top of that. I used the Paper Piercer and mat pack to pierce a decorative line along a ¼” x 3” strip of Pretty in Pink cardstock and adhered that where the two pieces joined.

A Flower for all Seasons


The froggie card is made using the Flower for all Seasons stamp set. The base is Daffodil Delight cardstock and the designer paper is from the In Color 6x6” Designer Paper pack that is a retiring Hostess Gift. I stamped the image in Stazon Black and colored it with Blender Pens using Sahara Sand and Pear Pizzazz inks. Then I colored in the flower centers, froggie’s eyes and the flower centers in the designer paper using the writing tip of a Daffodil Delight marker.  I punched out the image with the 1 3/8” square punch.  I also punched out a Pear Pizzazz 1 3/8” square and cut in in half long ways. I attached the halves to the back of the image and attached that to the card front. Voila!

Tart & Tangy


The "let’s celebrate" card uses the Tart & Tangy stamp set. I colored the images with Real Red and Old Olive Stampin’ Write Markers and stamped them on Whisper White cardstock, then punched them out with the Postage Stamp punch. The sentiment is from the On Your Birthday set (not retiring). I mounted them on a 2½ x 2½” piece of Old Olive cardstock. The card base is Real Red textured cardstock. I added a piece of Old Olive 1 ¼” Striped Grosgrain ribbon around the base, then attached the Old Olive piece with images to the front. Super easy!

Engraved Greetings

And last but not least, this classy Happy Birthday card. It uses the Engraved Greetings stamp set.  I stamped the image in Versamark on a 2½ x 2½” piece of Brushed Gold cardstock, then heat embossed with Black embossing powder. I attached a piece of Basic Black ¼” Grosgrain Ribbon below the sentiment, and put all of that on a 3x3” Basic Black Textured card base. So easy but stunning!
Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoyed all the cards. If you would like to purchase any of the items used here, please visit my business website at http://www.trina_kuriger.stampinup.net/





1 comment:

  1. Hi Trinia, Just found your blog and I say thank you for the Fishermans Knot tutorial. I want to make some nautical cards and this knot is ideal! Love your work so have become a follower. I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete