Friday, July 8, 2011

I Dig "I Dig You"!

Here is a fun birthday card made with my new “I Dig You” set.




When I saw this set, I knew it was one of the first ones I wanted to buy! I have a lot of little boys in the family who will love the cards I am going to make with this. This card is pretty simple to make, but I will walk you through the basics. The base is Chocolate Chip. I attached two different 2 x 5 ¼” pieces of “Just Add Cake” Designer Paper to the base and then attached a ½ x 5 ¼” strip of Baja Breeze cardstock across the card to cover where the two designer papers joined. I stamped the backhoe in So Saffron on a 2 ¾ x 4 ¾ piece of Whisper White cardstock. I cut out just the tiniest little sliver of Chocolate Chip cardstock, this piece is about 1” long, and glued it with 2-way glue so that it made a pole coming off of the end of the backhoe. I stamped the little bear in Chocolate Chip, cut him out and glued him on top of the backhoe. I colored the presents image with Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi and Poppy Parade markers and stamped them on either side of the backhoe. I matted the stamped image with a 2-7/8 x 4-7/8” piece of Chocolate Chip Cardstock. I attached this to the center of the card. Then I stamped the “happy dirtday” sentiment in Poppy Parade on a 3/8 x 2” strip of Whisper White cardstock and trimmed the end down to make a banner. I matted that with a ½” wide strip of Baja Breeze cardstock and trimmed that to match the white layer. I attached that to the little Chocolate Chip pole and called it done!


I hope you like it! Thanks for reading my blog.  


All products used are from Stampin' Up!. If you would like to purchase any of the products used here, please visit my business website at www.trina_kuriger.stampinup.net.

1 comment: