Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Best of Everything Side Step Card and Tutorial

Edited to add – I’m having a little trouble with the photos for the tutorial, I will have them uploaded soon.

Here is a fun card and tutorial for you!



This stamp set is called The Best of Everything, and it is definitely one of my most favorites out of the new Idea Book and Catalog. I love this cute little card! It was inspired by a card that was on the front of last month's Stampin Success magazine (Stampin’ Up!’s demonstrator magazine),  but I changed the layout a little bit and made it into a Side Step card. See the tutorial below for how to cut and score this card. I stamped the birdies in Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Island Indigo, and Wisteria Wonder on a 1¾” x 4½” piece of Whisper White cardstock. In order for them to all fit, you have to stamp them one right under the other so that they are touching. I used the Scallop Border punch to punch a scalloped edge on a ¾” x 5” piece of Calypso Coral cardstock. I did the same with the same size pieces of Lucky Limeade, Pool Party and Island Indigo cardstock. Then I punched the same border out of a 1¾” x 5” piece of Wisteria Wonder cardstock.  I layered these on top of each other and adhered them to the main front panel of the card. I put three Calypso Coral Polka Dot brads through a ¾” x 4¼” piece of Crumb cake cardstock and then attached that to the side step using Sticky Strip. I stamped the sentiment on in Island Indigo on a piece of Pool Party cardstock and punched it out with a Modern Label punch.  Actually I shortened up the punch a bit, I will have a post soon on how to do that!

Here is how I made the side step card.

1. I scored in only 1" from the side at 1", 2" and 6.5".

2. I cut in 1" from the edge from the 1" score mark to the 6.5" score mark. (cut a one inch strip but didn't cut all the way to either end.)

3. On the other side of the cut I made a 3-1/4" long score at the 5.5" mark. 

4. Hold the card so the 1” cut strip is on your right, then fold at the 5.5” and 6.5” so that the cardstock is folding away from you.

5. Fold at the 2” score mark so that it is folding toward you, and at the 1” score mark so that it is folding away from you.

6. Crease all of the folds well with your bone folder and decorate your card.

Thanks for reading my blog!

All supplies are available from Stampin Up! If you would like to purchase any of the products used here, please visit my business website at www.trina_kuriger.stampinup.net

1 comment:

  1. This is just the cutest card I have ever seen! You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete