Friday, January 20, 2012

Blushing Bride and Basic Black Take it to Heart card


I just love the card I have for you today! I think the contrast
between the Basic Black and Blushing Bride is just yummy! When I
first saw the Take it to Heart stamp set in the catalog, this image of
the children playing on a bicycle really spoke to me, and I knew I

wanted to emboss it in black. Here is what I came up with.
                       Stamps: Take it To Heart, Friendly Phrases 
                  Paper: Blushing Bride, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Twitterpated DSP 
                  Ink: Versamark, Blushing Bride, Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz 
                  Accessories: Adorning Accents Edgelits, Heart Framelits, Blushing Bride Pleated 
                              Satin Ribbon, Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Black embossing powder, 
                              blender pen, Twitterpated Buttons, sponge, dimensionals 
                  Techniques: Heat Embossing, Sponging 

After I heat embossed the image, I cut it out using the new Heart
Framelits, and then used a blender pen to add a little Blushing Bride
ink around the trees. I cut out that pretty border using an Adorning
Accent Edgelit and Basic Black cardstock. The designer paper is
part of the new Twitterpated paper pack. The floral image along the
side of the DSP is part of the largest image in the Take it to Heart
set (the image with the bird). I just inked up only the flowers and
vines using a Basic Black marker, and then stamped it on the DSP. I
colored it really quickly with Blusing Bride and Pear Pizzazz
markers.  I used a strip of Blushing Bride pleated satin ribbon cut to
the size of the designer paper, and then I layered a piece of Basic
Black 1/8” taffeta ribbon over it. The greeting is from the Friendly
Phrases set.  I hope you enjoyed my card for the day!

All items that I used to make this card are available from Stampin’
Up! and can be ordered online.  The Take it to Heart  stamp set,
Twitterpated Designer Paper, Blushing Bride Pleated Satin Ribbon,
Adorning Accents Edgelits  and the Heart Framelits are all from the
new 2012 Occasions Mini Catalog. If you would like to purchase
any of the items shown here, please visit my business website at

1 comment:

  1. Wow .... I completely adore this card. Favorite color combo and delightful composition!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete