Friday, April 27, 2012

You're Totally A-maze-ing


Here is a card I would like to share with you today.



When I first saw the Totally Amazing Stamp Set, I fell in love with it right away! What I loved was that it included such fun greetings to go along with the maze images! To make this card,  I made punched or die cut circles in the following sizes and colors, 1” Pacific Point, 1-3/8” Pear Pizzazz, 1-3/4” Daffodil Delight and 3” Poppy Parade. I adhered all of these circles on a 4x5 ¼” card front using Snail, and then embossed the entire thing in the Snowburst embossing folder.  I stamped the greeting in Poppy Parade on a strip of Whisper White and cut one end of that with a ¾” circle punch and used my Paper Snips to cut a banner end on the other side. I matted that with a strip of Daffodil Delight cardstock and cut the ends to match. I attached the greeting to the card front using a Pear Pizzazz Glimmer brad (from the In Color Glimmer Brad pack). Then I used Sticky Strip to attach the card front to the Pacific Point card base (snail isn’t strong enough for this application.) I used a Maze Game on the front, these cute embellishments come as a four pack in the Occasions Mini Catalog. Before I attached it, I took the back off and decorated it. Make sure you do this carefully so you don’t lose the two little balls inside the maze.  I decorated the back by using sponge daubers and Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil delight and Pacific Point Classic Inks. I just inked up the daubers and the twirled then in a spot to leave a circle of ink. After that was done I reinserted the back into the maze. I attached it to the card front with Sticky Strip, once again you need a strong adhesive for this.
The end of the school year is coming up and this would be a great card for a graduate! I gave it to my college age daughter and she loved it!



Thanks for reading my blog! All items used to create this card are available from Stampin’ Up! If you would like to purchase any of the stamp sets shown here, get them before they retire! The Totally Amazing stamp set and Maze Games are in the Occasions Mini Catalog, which ends April 30th. Poppy Parade and Pear Pizzazz inks and cardstock and the In Color Glimmer Brads are on the “While Supplies Last” list and could sell out at any time, they will definitely be gone when the main Idea Book and Catalog retires on May 31st. You can purchase them on my business website at www.trina_kuriger.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment