Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Week of Retiring Stamps - Day 1 - Pocket Silhouettes Get Well card

For this last week of May, I am going to try to post daily. I will be posting cards highlighting stamps, tools and accessories that are retiring on May 31st. Here is my card for today.



The base of this card is Pear Pizzazz Cardstock. I used the Scallop Edge punch on a small strip of Pear Pizzazz cardstock and the Eyelet Border Punch on a small strip of Basic Black Cardstock. I adhered both of them to the card base, and tied Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon around the card base to cover up the top of the Pear Pizzazz strip. I used the 2 ½” circle punch to punch a hole out of the center of a post-it note. I put the post it note (the square one with a hole, not the circle) onto a 3”x3” piece of Whisper White cardstock to create a mask. Using a sponge dauber, I sponged Pear Pizzazz ink onto part of the cardstock, and Baja Breeze ink onto the rest of the cardstock. Then I stamped the flower images from Pocket Silhouettes stamp set using Basic Black ink. The “Get Well” sentiment is from the Delightful Dozen stamp set. I matted this onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock and adhered it to the card front.



I kept the inside really simple, just dressing it up a bit using a stamp from the Pocket Silhouettes set and a small strip of Baja Breeze cardstock.

Retiring Items Showcased:
Pear Pizzazz Cardstock and Ink
Pocket Silhouettes Stamp Set
Scallop Edge Punch

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoyed all the cards. Everything used to create this card is available from Stampin’ Up!  All retiring items are available only until May 31st and only while

supplies last. If you would like to purchase any of the items used here, please visit my business website at http://www.trina_kuriger.stampinup.net/



No comments:

Post a Comment