Friday, May 25, 2012

A Week of Retiring Stamps - Day 2 - Borderlines Birthday Card




Here is the second of my daily posts for this last week of May. Each day I will be posting cards highlighting stamps, tools and accessories that are retiring on May 31st. Today' card is this fun little birthday card.


 I used Whiper White Cardstock for the card front and added a strip of designer paper from the Flirtatious Specialty paper pack along the bottom. Then I stamped the leaf image from the Borderlines stamp set about 1/4" above the designer paper in Old Olive ink. I inserted the card front into a Finial Press embossing folder just so that it covered the top of the card down to the leaves image, and ran it through the Big Shot. I used a strip of the Flirtatious designer paper to punch out the lacy strip using the Lace Ribbon Border Punch. I ran a 1/8" Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon through the lace punch out. (Tip - cut the end of your ribbon at an angle, so that there is a "point" on it, that will make it easier to lace through a hole.) I used a few very small dots of Mulitpurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the lace punch to the card front and wrapped the ribbon ends around the back. Then I attached the card front to a Melon Mambo card base. I punched one 2-3/8" Scallop Circle and two Fancy Flowers out of Old Olive Textured cardstock. I went ahead and attached the scallop circle to the card. Then I stamped the "let's celebrate" greeting from On Your Birthday stamp set on whisper white and punched it out with a 1" circle punch. I curled both Fancy Flower Punches with a bone folder, attached them together and the greeting to the front. Then I used dimensionals to attach them to the scallop circle.



Now the inside is really simple, just a little dressed up.


I used another image from the Borderlines stamp set to put a row of Daffodil Delight Polka dots on the top and bottom of the card liner, then I stamped a greeeting from the On Your Birthday set in Old Olive ink.


Retiring Items Showcased:
Borderlines Stamp Set
On Your Birthday Stamp Set
Old Olive Textured Cardstock (all textured cardstock is being retired)
Lace Ribbon Border Punch
Finial Press Embossing Folder
Flirtatious Designer Series Paper



Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoyed all the cards. Everything used to create this card is available from Stampin’ Up! All retiring items are available only until May 31st and only while supplies last. If you would like to purchase any of the items used here, please visit my business website at http://www.trina_kuriger.stampinup.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment