Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Week of Retiring Stamps - Day 3 - Goodbye to Flores Suaves

Here is my card for Day 3 of my week of retiring stamps.  



I love this stamp set, Flores Suaves, but I think it was one that didn't get a lot of notice. It's only in Celebrando Creatividad, SU!'s Spanish catalog. For this card I used Marina Mist card base and a Whisper White card front. I embossed the top half of the white card front with the Finial Press Embossing Folder and added a strip of Daffodil Delight designer paper to the bottom of the card front. This paper is from Greenhouse Garden, which is retired, but any Daffodil Delight designer paper would look great here. I added a strip of Marina Mist 1-1/4" wide striped grosgrain ribbon across the center. I stamped a piece of Whisper White Cardstock with Marina Mist ink using the words from Flores Suaves, then punched out four scallop squares. I stamped "for you" (From the stamp set A Word For You) on one of them in Basic Black. I attached them to the card front with Dimensionals. I made a brad bow using the Marina Mist 1-1/4" wide striped grosgrain ribbon and a Rhinestone Brads. For a tutorial on making this bow, please see my previous post, linked here. http://mnfroggie.blogspot.com/2011/05/sunny-fun-flip-flop-card-brad-bow.html  To create the butterflies, I stamped the image (from Flores Suaves) onto Whisper White using black Stazon. Then I used a sponge dauber to add a thick coat of Daffodil Delight ink on the inner part of the butterflies wings. I used a sponge dauber to add a heavy layer of Marina Mist along the edge. Then I used a blender pen to add a little More Mustard to the body. I cut out the butterflies and sponged a little bit of Pacific Point ink on the outside edge of the wings. The butterflies were attached with Glue Dot.

Now for the inside of the card. It's pretty simple, but showcases a couple of really nice things that are retiring.


The stamp set I used is from On Your Birthday, and the punch is the Eyelet Border Punch. Together they make a fun little inside for my card!

Retiring Items Showcased:
Flores Suaves Stamp Set
On Your Birthday Stamp Set
1-1/4" Wide Striped Grosgrain Ribbon
Rhinestone Brads
Finial Press Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Eyelet Border Punch

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoyed all the cards. Everything used to create this card is available from Stampin’ Up! All retiring items are available only until May 31st and only while supplies last. If you would like to purchase any of the items used here, please visit my business website at http://www.trina_kuriger.stampinup.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment