Thursday, August 30, 2012

Welcome Baby Banner

Hi everyone! Today I want to show you a banner that I made for a coworker. We had a baby shower for her and as one of her gifts and part of the party decorations, I made this pretty banner.

It was really simple to make and it packs a big wow! She is going to use it to decorate her nursery.

I cut out the pennants using the Perfect Pennants Bigz die and Certainly Celery designer paper (from the Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack). The doilies are made using Whisper White cardstock and the Delicate Doilies Sizzlet. The letters are made using Pink Pirouette cardstock and the Serif Essentials Alphabet dies (retired) and I coated the letters with a thick layer of Crystal Effects to give them a beautiful finish. 


I made hangers for the pennants by adhering Pink Pirouette 3/8" Taffeta ribbon with Sticky Strip between each pennant and doily. Then to finish off the pennant I used some Certainly Celery 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, a safety pin from the Vintage Trinkets pack, a Certainly Celery button from the Subtles Designer Buttons pack and a bit of White Bakers Twine.




To create the welcome banner, I stamped the letters in Early Espresso on Whisper White using the Letter It stamp set. I cut them out by hand a positioned them on a strip of Certainly Celery designer paper. I added a Pink Pirouette 3/8" Taffeta ribbon hanger, flowers punched from Pink Pirouette cardstock using the Itty Bitty Punch Pack, self adhesive pearls and a Pretty in Pink button (Subtles Designer Buttons pack) with a bit of white Bakers Twine.


I hung the pieces of the banner on a length of Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon to finish. Viola! I hope you like it!

All items used to create this banner are from Stampin' Up! If you would like to purchase Stampin' Up products, please visit my business website at www.trina_kuriger.stampinup.net.

1 comment: